APD45 - 45m Ratcheted Pocket Reel with High-vis Dyneema Floating Line
The unique benefits of the new Ratcheted Pocket Reel include:
- Sits comfortably in the palm of the hand and can be easily stowed (only 8cm in diameter)
- 45m of high-visibility Dyneema line which is twice as strong as Kevlar and stronger than steel.
- The totally enclosed design prevents bird-nest tangling, a common problem with open reels.
- Features a loud audible Ratchet-click when winding-in which aids the diver in judging ascent speed and/or lets other divers know you are returning or ascending.
- Simple on/off thumb-lock switch to change between ratchet and free-running modes when deploying the line.
For use as both a Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) Reel and/or a Navigation Reel:
- The line is positively buoyant which means it will rise above the sea-bed or wreckage when played out, helping to avoid entanglement and delay on the return journey.
- The wrist loop can be tightened onto the wrist when used as a navigation line, leaving your hands free for other tasks.
- The wrist loop is easily removed for safe deployment of an SMB.*
- The thumb-lock switch features a lock-off / tap-to-release design so that you do not have to keep your thumb on it in free-running mode.
*Important Note: As per your training, you should not have a reel attached to any part of your kit or use the wrist-strap when sending an SMB to the surface. The reel should be lightly held so that it is possible to let it go easily if necessary.
Dimensions: 8cm diameter x 4.5cm deep