The Rec EXP is the flagship of our innovative line of 360 degree, donut-style wings. Donut wings tend to provide greater stability and control in the water, improving diver buoyancy and trim. The Rec EXP is shorter than our traditional Rec wing, which means it now fits a wider range of diver statures, where as our traditional Rec wing is best suited for tall divers or divers who require more buoyancy at the waist.
A hybrid wing, the Rec EXP can be worn on single or double tanks making it one of our most popular wings. When diving single tanks, two clips on each side of the wing attach to D-rings on the backplate, keeping the wing close to the diver’s body. This avoids the “taco” effect of the wing wrapping around the tank, away from the diver, which diminishes buoyancy control.
The Rec EXP can be a single or dual bladder wing. Its unique bladder design allows a single bladder Rec EXP to be altered to become a dual bladder wing at a later date, if desired.At full lift capacity, the Rec Dual EXP has 45lbs/ 20.4kg of lift and can accommodate 95 ft3/15 L back mounted cylinders.
The Rec EXP wing is designed for use with the TransPac, Transplate or metal backplates. Available in black with gray side panels.
- Black outer bag is made of 1680 denier ballistic nylon that resists tears and abrasionInner bladder constructed of thick, 15-mil polyether aromatic polyurethane is resistant to abrasion and chemicals, has excellent strength and will resist the growth of microorganisms.
- Urethane flanges are welded in place, which make it easy to switch out corrugated hoses and over pressurization valves without tools.
- Comes equipped with 16-inch rapid exhaust (pull dump) and a 27-inch low pressure inflation hose.
- Two sets of two marine-grade 316 stainless steel grommet mounting holes are used to attach wing to harness and/or to double tanks and set diver trim.
- Approximate dimensions uninflated: 24-in H x 23-in W (60.9cm x 58.4cm)
- 5.2 lbs (2.4kg)